Wednesday, October 11, 2006

How about them apples? revisited...

I wrote this a long time ago, it's on the blog somewhere:

It seems that these days "Christians" are more worried about converting other "Christians" to their religion than they are worried about people that are non-Christians. The Lutherans can't get along with the Methodists, the Pentecostals can't get along with Presbryterians, and most baptists just cant get along with anybody else, and nobody likes the Catholics. Why is that? I don't recall ever reading anything that says that there are all kinds of different Christian religions in the bible. Actually, I do believe it says exactly the opposite.

In Ephesians 4:1-5 it says:
Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord,implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

It seems that is pretty clear that we need to work together and stop fighting on who is right and who is wrong. Honestly, how can we be certain that we are right? Aren't we supposed to be living a life through faith? If we truely knew we were right, why would we need faith?
I think many people who profess to be Christians are not being affective in actual reaching people because they are too busy trying to convert their Christian brothers. Non-Christians see this too. They think it is ridiculous the amount of different kinds of churches that are out there. They don't understand the differences and honestly, I dont really understand the differences either. We are all Christians! What rules we do or do not believe in doesnt really matter. There is one way to Christ and frankly, all churches that profess Christianity pretty much have that way right. STOP FIGHTING!!! there is one Lord and one Faith! one Baptism, one God and Father! Not 1 million different kinds of faith..so get over your differences and start working together! Wouldnt it be nice to see a Protestant church actually working with a Catholic church to perform local ministries? I would love to see it. Sadly, I am not sure it will ever happen.

****
Unity...
****
U2...
We are one, but we're not the same...we get to carry each other...carry each other.
****

So, I got invited to an event on facebook. It's a Halloween party. You know what's funny? The Halloween party is at my house. I didn't even know about it. It struck me as sort of odd.

****
I heard that it's supposed to snow tomorrow. this makes me very upset. I don't want it to snow. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
****

For some reason, I'm becoming a fan of ****, weird.

****

I still don't know what to be for Halloween.

****
Please tell me you are still reading this.

****
I'm out!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that the idea behind your blog is great. The "Can't we all just get along" sentiment is one that most of wish for at one time or another...but unfortunately the human race, religious fanatics particularly, seem to love conflict. Most people who are set in their beliefs refuse to accept other people's beliefs. That's why there are so many different versions of the Christian faith-it all comes down to interpretation. And that, among many other reasons, is why I don't believe in organized religion.

Anonymous said...

completely off subject, what jeep do you have? do you like it? I am kicking the idea around...

Halloween, well I always wondered what you would look like as Lara Croft?
-thom

Anonymous said...

What is ****?

Anonymous said...

Oh... never ming.... I understand.

****

Very good post by the way..... and very true... and sad.

rose said...

hmmm...Thom...that may be a super idea...

as far as the Jeep I have...it's a 97 wrangler. I love it...because i can take the top down and it's fun to drive. Not so fun for long trips though. Not very smooth...not very practical.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is Right On!!!

um... yeah... said...

i love you, rose!

Anonymous said...

I agree with a lot of what you said. I've actually made this argument many times. I can not stand when people try to force thier religion on me, or try to tell me that their religion is right and others are wrong. How are we to know? But I don't do religious debates, so I'll leave it at that.
On another note...what exactly is bouldering? What is the difference between that and regular climbing? I still want to go to the climbing gym sometime.
You would make a cool Laura Croft...I am just hoping people are gonna show up....several people have told me they can't come. So if you have any friends you want to bring along, bring em. When's the Halloween party at your house? We should totally crash it. You were invited after all.

Anonymous said...

u forgot to talk about the muslims look at them. if u arent in a specific tribe u might get killed. theyre all muslim but they want to kill each other cuz theyre dif tribes. and then they have the nerve to say that they r a peaceful religion. at this point in my life i think having a specific religion is a bad idea. i think if u believe in God and ur saved then ur fine.

becca

Anonymous said...

+

Amen, sistah!

Man, if any devoted follower of Jesus Christ meditated for any good length of time on John 17, they'd feel the great longing the Lord has for us to be one. So let us pray with the Great High Priest for unity. Love hopes all things. And ready awesome documents like John Paul II's "Ut Unim Sint" or anything Chiara Lubich has written on unity. Amen!