Monday, October 30, 2006

what a stellar weekend...

So yeah, the weekend, it was good.

Friday night was Run Like Hell. The weather was absolutely TERRIBLE all day long. Luckily, it sort of stopped raining for the race. I jogged the race for fun with Jessie...it was good times. There was a costume contest. I won sexiest costume. It was sort of an afterthought. I ran the race in a hoola skirt and a coconut bra. I had the coconut bra over my long sleeve shirt and jacket. After the race, when they were doing the contest, I thought to myself...hmmm...sexiest costume... I can do this; so I stripped down to my sports bra (which is how I normally run when it's not freaking cold) and I put the coconut bra on over the sports bra. I won! What did I win? $100 gift certificate to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Sweet. I was sort of shocked when I opened the envelope...

Check it out...here's pictures from the race on Tuxbro's site...and I'm in the mix...
Here

I also made a slide show of this grand event...





Saturday morning was Pleasant Run Run. This was a 5 mile race that I actually ran hard in. Run Like Hell was just a fun run...sort of like a warm up jog...Pleasant Run Run marked my 2 year anniversary in the little running road races, so I was particularly excited about this one. Plus, they give you free lunch afterwards. It was crazy windy, and that had a negative effect on my time. I was a bit dissapointed, but oh well, it was still 6 minutes faster than last year's Pleasant Run Run. I got 1st in my age group, so that was cool. That's a far cry from where I was two year's ago when it took me 55:15 to finish this race. It's nice to see that I've improved A LOT. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep it up.

Saturday evening...

LORI came into town...and we went to Jessie's Halloween part. Oh goodness...it was great times. AND I made cupcakes. They were super. I put apple sauce instead of oil in them. It made them better for you...so you could eat more. Of course, I took lots of pictures...and they sort of can do the explaining. I made a slide show of them too. Yeah, it was crazy. I laughed A LOT.




Then, yesterday was the Colts game. 7-0 baby!!!

good times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're a crazy girl rose. looks like you had a lot of fun. good work on the slide shows. i should make a slide show sometime....eh probably not. happy halloween!
*laura