Monday, October 09, 2006

I am typing all this with one thumb...

Well, not really, but it would feel much better if I was.

So, this weekend, I jumped on down to Alabama...to go bouldering. It was my first bouldering trip. I had an awesome time. It was intense at times, but amazing! This is me doing some bouldering:


I like pictures a lot. So yeah, Dan Lubbers took this picture...and he likes pictures a lot too.

I would have to say that my favorite part of the trip was Saturday night. That night, we spent a ton of time at one certain problem. At the end of this amount of time, my fingers were bleeding. It was super. I also was incredibly bruised and scraped...but it's all good. I went back to camp...planning on going to bed, but then I decided to go back out and try one more climb. It was completely intense because my fingers were raw and bleeding and because the top out was incredibly scary and because a lot of people were watching. I was screaming...but I got it...and that was exciting. There was no better feeling than topping out a problem that took a long while to get. Anyway, it was nice times. I got to hear Sweet Home Alabama in Alabama, and that was super. I also met some cool people.

I can't wait to go back and kick Mortal Combat's butt.


I went to dinner with my dad tonight, and I was really afraid that I was going to have to have him cut my chicken. I sucked it up and cut my own food.

I think bouldering is crazy. Why do people find the hardest way to get up rocks when there is usually a way easier way to do it? It doesn't make any sense...and I know it doesn't. Still, I want to keep doing it, even if my hands are raw!

****
So, last week, I was talking with Jonathan and Brian Trivett...they were talking about trans fat. You know, New York is trying to ban them...we were discussing it. I don't think they should be banned really. If people want to eat trans fat, it's their decision, right? It should be the establishment's decision, not the government's. So, smoking got brought up in the conversation, how it should be the same thing with smoking. I am all for places being smoke free. I hate smelling like it...I don't care if the government bans smoking in public establishments. Is the hypocritical? I don't think it is, because trans fat only hurts the person that decides to partake in them. Jonathan said something funny...he said "well, you still have to exhale..." It cracked me up.

****

I like sleeping in a tent.

****

I had some pie and icecream with my grandma, dad and cousin tonight. I am soo freaking full.

****

I am going to go to Cincy soon...

****

I still don't know what to be for Halloween

****

Joshua Tree Climbing Salve rocks my socks off

****

I can't wait for my fingertips to heal so I can go climbing again :)

****

I'm going to stop typing...so my fingertips can heal

No comments: