Monday, March 13, 2006

some stories for you...please read on.

So I really need a new bank card...
Yesterday, my roommate and I went to mass (that's a whole other story in itself so you will have to read past for that one). We left a minutes early because I was nearly out of gas and I needed to stop and get some. We stop at a BP on Keystone. It was basically the last gas station you would want to go to before entering the ghetto. I NEEDED to get gas there. So, I get out of the car to start pumping my gas. I try to swipe my card, and it can't read it (go figure). So I go in to prepay. They guy tells me the pump was just messed up and to go try again. I go back out. The pump is really all screwy now, so I pull up to the next pump. Surprise! It doesn't take my card either. So, I go back in to prepay. It's this girl's third day; she doesn't know how to do that. She asks the manager for help. He tells me that I can't prepay with a credit card, and they aren't allowed to hold the cards anymore so I can still pump. He then proceeds to tell me I could try the bank machine. That makes a ton of sense doesn't it. So I say Ok, but I doubt that's going to work. The card just doesn't swipe. Well, that doesn't work, so I run out to the car to see if Lindsey has a five or something I can use just so we can get to another gas station. She had left her wallet at home. So, I had two dollars in my wallet, so I go back in with my $2. I tell the guy, alright I have my card and can pay after, or I have this $2. He says he can authorize the pump for $2 but can't take my card because they aren't allowed to do that anymore. I said ok, whatever. So I go to put the freaking $2 in, and it stops at $.20. By this time, I am so mad, really trying to hold it in though...I mean, I'm on my way to mass. I run back in for about the 10th time, tell him. He tells me it should be fixed and sends me back out. Ok, I guess you had to be there. It doesn't sound as good on paper. I was furious though. I really wish the bank would actually get on sending me a replacement card. Oh well, so is life! I was able to gas after mass, so I was alright.

My roommate went to mass...
So here's some background info. My roommate was brought up Catholic. She told me yesterday that she had never gone to mass out of her own free will. She was always forced by her parents or bribed. For some reason, she went to mass with me yesterday. Maybe it was for the free food after, maybe it was for the young priest who usually does the mass, or maybe her "spiritual window was open" as she so put it. Anyway, she is sitting next to me at mass and is completely cracking me up. She knew everything she needed to say...everything to recite. I can't even do that and I go to mass pretty regularly! Anyway, the homily was about money, or leaving a legacy...I had issues with that, but I guess that's for another day. She says she can't think of a mass she has been to where they didn't focus completely on money, and that's one of her major problems with the Catholic church. It may not just be the Catholic church. I think it may be all churches. Anyway, I told her she should try again because they don't always talk about money. Anyway, it's funny. I bring people to mass, and I'm not even Catholic! Ha...Then, on the way home, I decided to get some more Jesus in her, so we listened to KLOVE all the way home :). Well not all the way home...I could only handle so much.

woo...this post is getting long.
It's Spring Break this week! I'm super excited! I don't have to quite use my brain as much!
One last thought...I hate the Pacers. I think I'm going to boycott...

Does anybody else have any good weekend stories?

4 comments:

um... yeah... said...

yeah - check out my blog.

i love josh...

um... yeah... said...

ps - is it them charter one bastards not sending you a card? or have you already dropped them?

rose said...

yeah...it's charter one...

Anonymous said...

protons have mass? I didn't even know they were catholic.