Thursday, March 02, 2006

So So Sorry...

Sometimes my life gets in such a whirl...I forget to update.

So here are a few things...

One... I LEAVE FOR FLORIDA TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!! I am going down there for my cousin Sarah's bachelorette party...It's going to be great. It's a short trip...I'll be back on Monday :(. However...that's better than Indiana...aren't you jealous???

Two...Harry Potter...I finally gave in...no, I haven't seen the movies, nor have I seen Star Wars or Lord of the Rings yet (one day, one day). The seventh grader I tutor in Spanish loves Harry Potter, and some how I ended up with the first Harry Potter book in my hands to borrow to read. I sat down on Saturday afternoon and I read it. It's cute. Of course, it's not difficult reading material. Nathan said I shouldn't even admit that I read it. Anyway...what I wanted to say was I wonder if all the Christians that were such in a Harry Potter uproar actually read the book. I mean seriously...sometimes people boycott things for the hell of it. Yes, there was magic in it, but do these very same people boycott Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie? I don't think so. Of course, it was a little darker than that, but I saw nothing wrong with it. From what I here, it gets a bit darker and mature as the books progress. I don't know. Any of you read it?
However, from according to some people, it doesn't matter if the magic is dark or white...It's still magic...and it says in Deuteronomy this:

"There shall not be found among you anyone who ...practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you. You shall be blameless before the LORD your God. For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the LORD your God has not appointed such for you." Deut 18:10-24

sidenote real quick...does it say anything about reading about fictional characters? Do you not think the people of Iseral ever read a mythical story???

So those are the verses used by people as to why Harry Potter should be forbidden? That's always fun for me. Please...if you use that reason to not read Harry Potter...

*Do not get a tattoo...it's forbidden
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28

*Stay away from the bacon...
"And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase." Deuteronomy 14:8

*Don't ever go to Red Lobster and get the Lobster... Leviticus 11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you

....and by all means!!! get yourself a slave!

Lev. 25:44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, [shall be] of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

25:45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that [are] with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

(just make sure they aren't from here...)

********
Alright...we all know that is ridiculous...we aren't bound to follow those rules anymore...so stop using one rule if you don't want to use them all!

*****
I guess that's all I am going to say for now. Have a good day!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you promoting "Slavery"? lol could not resist! Too funny!

um... yeah... said...

PLEASE rose! stay in the anti-lord of the rings/star wars/harry potter clan! we don't need them!!! :)

josh bought the "bewitched" with nicole kidman and will ferrell. does that mean we're going to hell?

rose said...

yes tyana...you are.