Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Andy's cakes...

Every year, for the past three years, Andy has demanded that I make him a ridiculous birthday cake. No big deal right? WRONG! I'm no cake decorator! I did learn just a tiny bit about it when I was in 4-H when I was younger.

Three years ago, I asked Andy what kind of cake he wanted, and he said an R2D2 cake. I said ok! I set out to Hobby Lobby and to Wal-Mart to buy supplies to do this. I made a lot of extra cake. My dad happened to be in Arkansas at the time, and he ate a lot of "cake bits" while I was making it. It didn't turn out half bad.




Next, Andy asked for a Boba Fett cake. It's his birthday, so I have to do it! It's part of what we do. Birthdays are a big deal. It's a day where the birthday person gets what they want. So, I set out to do it. Again, it turned out ok. I know, I know, I've heard it already, he is missing his antenna. Give me a break. I'm no professional.



Until now, the cakes were pretty easy to structure. It got a little harder this year. He asked for a Millennium Falcon cake. This was by far the hardest cake of the three. It's a little rough, and it took a looong time to make. It turns out I needed way less cake than I made, so we had a lot of extra. You know what we didn't have extra of??? Frosting! There is a ton of frosting on this cake. At least you can tell what it is supposed to be, right?


What in the world will he ask for next??










3 comments:

Jason Skerbitz said...

Cool! He'll probly want a Darth Vader cake next!.... in full "uniform" no less!..... lol. ;-)

rose said...

something...it will be something. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the post about cake after the post about diets...drives home the piont

-andy