Monday, February 06, 2012

the running skirt...

I ran a 15k on Saturday and I borrowed a friend's running skirt to try it out. I was curious about these because I think rocking out races in skirts would be kind of neat. I didn't really want to buy one because I wasn't sure I really would like it.

A running skirt? Let me tell you more about it. Underneath the skirt, there is a pair of compression shorts attached.


I usually run in tiny little compression shorts.


First off, what was nice about it was that I wasn't quite showing the world my behind. It was covered by a skirt.



Next off, I ran in it. I wasn't really sure if I loved it or not. There really wasn't a difference in the way they felt. I just thought maybe I didn't need that extra layer of material. I could just stick to my tight little spandex things.


Well then, a photographer snapped a picture of me. I saw it and decided I might just have to ONLY run in running skirts! I just love the way the picture looks with a skirt on. Much more flattering. I also like to run in mismatched socks as you can see. :) Now, pay no attention to my hair or the look on my face. :) haha.


I just think this is how I want to dress. I don't want to be a normal runner. I want to stand out. I want to be unique. I want to make a fashion statement. It just makes running a lot more fun. I like to look silly. Is it a good idea to make this a normal thing for me? Your thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right...very flattering even though I've run behind you and your booty is just fine! I see more skirts in your future, and mismatched socks...tutus....running tattoos:)

MC

Thom said...

More tattoos? Sweet!

The most uncovered my behind has ever been when running was when I was wearing a pair of Hind Race Day shorts. The salesman said it was like running naked, and it kinda felt like it. Don't tell anyone I know, but it felt pretty awesome!

I love that your are hovering or levitating or whatever in the pic, it's good to activate the super powers from time to time.

rose said...

I keep my super powers activated at all times :)