Monday, February 20, 2012

Some motivation...

Before I actually get into the heart of this post, I have a house keeping issue.  I made some changes to how to leave comments, and I hope it makes it easier to do so.  Please try to leave a comment and see if you are able to.

So now...


This is Mary Jo.


This woman is amazing! All I can say about her is wow. I'm not going to tell you how old she is, but let me just say that she is over twice my age. Not only is she  twice my age, but she runs twice as much as me. For example, yesterday we both ran a half marathon. Today, she ran 3 miles this morning and then came out to Monday night speed night and did a little bit of speed work. I didn't run at all because I ran a half marathon yesterday. Wow! She was sore, but she still got out there. She runs weekdays at 5:30 in the morning. Yikes! Let me tell you, she isn't slow either. She beats out many people years younger than her too. She has ran her fair share of marathons. She still is running marathons and plans to run one this Spring (more on that in a post very soon.) She is in spectacular shape. She's humble about it though. She will tell you she's not. She'll tell you she needs to work out more. She'll tell you she wants to get faster.

Crazy girl...she's funny too.  She is also no where close to retiring. She works like crazy. She has her Ph.D.  She's all things a wonderful woman. 

So you don't exercise? She's in this good of shape because she has been running her life? NO!!! She started running when she was 60!!!!  She credits being able to start running at that age because she worked out her whole life.

If you aren't working out, start!  It could be little. It could be something as small as taking a short walk every day. Anything! It's good for your bones. It keeps you strong and healthy. It keeps you from getting brittle.

So you don't like it? Well, I promise, you will be glad you kept exercise a part of your life.

I can't promise it will make you live longer. I can promise that it will make you feel good. I can promise it will make you look good too! 

See??

Now, I have to tell you about this group!  Three of these runners set personal bests in the half marathon yesterday. Everyone had fun.

 See the girl in the Go Get Em, Razorbacks shirt? She hasn't been running super long. She used to smoke about 4 packs a day. She shaved 25 minutes off her last half marathon time yesterday. She is doing a marathon this Spring. She looks AMAZING! Would you believe she has a grown child?

See the girl in the blue hat? She is a fast runner. She also is the fastest walker I have ever met! She walked a marathon in about 5:40 I think. That's a walk I tell you! She is doing her third marathon this Spring, but it will be the first one she actually is going to run. She is doing the Chicago Marathon is October, and she'll probably qualify for Boston. I promise she doesn't look her age. I'm not going to tell you what it is.

See that girl in the red jacket? That's me!  I used to run a lot, then I quit. Now, I'm running again. I'm so glad that I did! I am slowly getting my speed back. I'm doing my first marathon in two weeks. I've never felt better! Oh, and I'm turning 30 this year. :)

Every woman in this picture has their story, and every single story is awesome.  These girls rock my world.

So, if we can...why can't you? Tell me what you are going to do this week. Ride your bike? Walk your dog? Go to the gym? Play Biggest Loser on Xbox (you know who you are :) )? Play Wi Fit? What's it going to be??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post Rose! Way to motivate others. Martha

Unknown said...

Awesome blog - thank you for being such a motivator Rose! Daniel

rose said...

haha..just went back and read this post. I made a couple edits. That is what you get for not editing. Dopey me. :)

Daniel and Martha...you guys are doing sooo great! Little Rock is ours!

Lorna said...

Great Blog - you seek out what each person needs to give them that extra push your great Rose. And you will kick some butt in Little Rock !!! you're are so ready God
has blessed you with swift feet, a great mind, wonderful personality, and much more!!! Happy Running Lorna