Saturday, February 11, 2012

Goodbye Oscar!

From the moment I met you, Oscar, I loved you. You were nearly new, you were lovely, and you were Lynsey's.

We had fun riding in you. We LOVED summertime! We LOVED having the top off.

It was sad when someone cut the back window. They didn't have to do that. They could have just unzipped you. I am glad Lynsey fixed you quickly.



It was fun when we went to the zoo in you...I'm sorry that I got red Popsicle juice all over the outside of you.


Then, Oscar, Lynsey needed to get rid of you. She still loved you though, so she sold you to me!


Oh happy day!


We had fun together. We drove around town with the top down and the Hootie and the Blowfish blasting!


You were good to me.


Then, someone stole your radio. Why did they do that??? They didn't even have the face plate. Now you have a gaping hole.


Then, I moved to California, and you were my only companion on that long ride.


Remember when we got stuck in Amarillo because of a snow storm in New Mexico? I know you do. Someone cut the back window while we were there. Again, WHY??? They didn't take anything...and they could have just unzipped you.


Oh finally! We made it to California. It was tough getting your little 4-cylinder self up that mountain! You did it though. You are a trooper.


Wow! There was that time up at Southridge that I slid on the ice and I was scared scared scared.


Guess what? I got you a new radio! Now you don't have a gaping hole.


Remember when you were part of the 4th of July parade at Astrocamp? You were looking good.






Now, oh wow, it was a short time but we are making our way back across the country. Now, we are headed to Kentucky!


Now your life gets a little dark, and I'm sorry for that. Wow! He hit you so hard. I didn't want you to have to go through that. He didn't even have a license. He shouldn't have even been driving! He had a choice between a tree and you, and he picked you.









I thought our time together was over...I told Lynsey about it. She was sad too.


Guess what though??? You were given a new lease on life! However, now you aren't white. You are now green. Your top is no longer black...it's brown. You are back though!!!


Remember the look on Lynsey's face when I showed her my "new jeep" and then told her it was you?


I'm sorry though, I can't find any pictures of you being green.


Now, we are moving again. You made the drive to Arkansas a-ok.


Wow, I took you for a long drive every day didn't I? Work was pretty far away. You were kind of expensive to drive, and paying $100 a week in gas just to get to work was getting old.





Then something happened. Your engine started giving you fits. You had a misfire in cylinder one. Nobody could figure it out. I had to drive you less because you were only getting 10 miles per gallon.


I knew it was time. I knew that I had to let you go. I didn't want to, Oscar, but I had to.


You were bought by someone that plans to give you a new life...yet again! How many lives do you have, Oscar?


Your new owner plans to put a new engine in you...you will be just like new.


Don't worry Oscar, Andy told the new owner what your name is. They won't change it. So, you won't be confused learning a new name. Lynsey was worried about that too...she wanted me to make sure the new owner knew your name.


This post is dedicated to Oscar, a wonderful Jeep Wrangler. May the rest of your life be long and full. You will be missed.


Oscar 1997-present


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a great storyteller:)

Anonymous said...

The Libery will have big shoes to fill indeed.

-Andy

Thom said...

Farewell Oscar, I wish you could have been coming to my garage but I'm glad you'll be with someone who will treat you to that new engine!

rose said...

Yeah, Thom! Oscar would have loved your garage...but we were still able to get a pretty penny out of him...and I only think he was meant for someone who had access to a lot of Jeeps.