Friday, February 24, 2012

Ladies Room Fashion Show!!!

Alright, I did what I said I'd do. I tried to put a little more thought into my outfits. It turned out all right! Next week, I'm going to try a little harder. I'm actually going to put make up on everyday. I'm sans makeup in every single one of these pictures, so we will see what sort of difference makeup will make. Also, I'm going to work on my hair a little more. I've been wearing it up more because the bangs really bug me. I want them to be gone. This next week, I'll work on finding a solution for this, and I pledge to have better looking hair. I will try and be as fashionable as I possibly can from head to toe. This is very important because I want my employees to be very fashionable. I need to do the same. We will see how this goes!  Also, I'm sorry Thom! I forgot to take any guy pictures.  I'll try again next week.

But for now...

Here's what I wore this week!


Cardigan: Suite One
T-shirt: J. Crew from Plato's Closet
necklace: Plato's Closet
jeggings: Abercrombie from Plato's Closet
boots: Uggs from Plato's Closet

I absolutely LOVE this cardigan! In fact, when I saw a photo of it posted on suite one's facebook page, I went that day in got it. (Thankfully, I had enough of my spending money to get it, and it was very reasonably priced.) I hate that I am wearing the Uggs. I ran a half-marathon the day before and I have been nursing several blisters. It really was the only boot choice that was going to make it through the day for me. If I could have, though, I would have worn a different pair. Overall, I like this outfit, and my hair isn't bad either. 






Dress: Scrapbook from Plato's Closet
Tank: basic layering tank from Plato's Closet
Boots: Minnetonka from Plato's Closet
Necklace: Lucky Brand from Beauty's Boutique

First off, wow! the boots! I love them! Second, I'm wearing this dress because I am celebrating that it is 70 degrees outside.  I like this dress a lot but never wear it because it has a tendency of slipping down and I don't want to be caught in an awkward moment at work. One of my employees suggested wearing a tank top under it and I thought I'd give it a shot. I think it looks alright, you?  My bangs though...yikes!
 




Shirt: Forever 21 (H81) from Plato's Closet
Necklace: Plato's Closet
Tank: American Eagle from at least 5 years ago
Jeans: Abercrombie from American Eagle
Boots: Plato's Closet

This outfit probably is the winner for the week. I think it looks good and is pretty flattering. The necklace spices up an otherwise very plain shirt.  The boots have a slight heel on them so they give me a tiny bit of extra height. Overall, very cute, and very well put together. Also, my hair looks very good, and hopefully this is how my hair will look all next week.


Cardigan: Plato's Closet
Scarf: Plato's Closet
T-Shirt: Junk Food from Plato's Closet
Jeans: Joe's Jeans from Plato's Closet
Shoes: Chacos from Plato's Closet
headband: Plato's Closet

Ok, I went back to my standard look only one day this week...that's pretty good huh?  I can't say enough good things
about Chacos! If you don't own a pair, you need to think seriously about getting a pair. They are comfortable and oh so great! These jeans are my comfy jeans, and I think that on Fridays they are well deserved.  My hair is oh yuck! I love the headband I have on, but in this light, my forehead looks HUGE! Maybe I can try again, but not have my hair so tightly pulled back.




Cardigan: A.N.A. from Plato's Closet
Tank: PINK by Victoria's Secret from Plato's Closet
Belt: from Plato's Closet
leggings: American Eagle from Plato's Closet
Necklace: Lucky Brand from Beauty's Boutique
Shoes: Toms from Warrens
Watch: Fossil

I think this outfit looked better than the picture allows.  At any rate it was super comfy. This belt is an awesome accessory and it can take an otherwise plain outfit and turn it around. It's not amazing, but it's not same old boring. I personally loved wearing it. I love roaming around in leggings. It's like wearing pajamas all day! I think this outfit would wow a little more if I had my hair down or got my bangs trimmed.  Sorry that I'm obsessing over that so much.  Also, I guess the only pose I could up with all week was hands on my hips. Note to self: try harder next week!


  Ok, it's not really part of the fashion show, but I'm throwing it in there anyway.  This is right after the half-marathon I did last Sunday. I haven't even showered yet. I had someone snap this picture of me so I could send it to my friend Jimmy. He's a running legend and I knew he would be proud of my performance and that he would be proud I was rocking his race shirt all the way in Arkansas.  I chose pajama pants for my after race ride home pant of choice.

How did the half-marathon go? Great! I tried to run it like a training run and not push it too hard. I wanted to feel like there was juice left in my tank at the end. I am, after all, running a marathon in a little over a week. No need to wear myself out! I was so proud of myself for having self control and not trying to run faster and faster as I got to the end. Also, I did the half in 2:01 and that's nothing to sneeze at even if you are trying hard. I ran four minutes walked one minute the whole time, and I honestly think that if I had just ran easy for 13 miles, my time would have been slower. It's cool to see that these walk breaks work.

I'm glad I'm doing these along with Carrie .  Go check out her fashion show!

No comments: