Monday, September 25, 2006

of bad weather...bws workers who have not a clue about life...southside bars...and other such good things...

So, this weekend...I went down to Kentucky. I met up with Dana in Louisville and rode on down to the Red River Gorge. We were gonna go climbing...

We got there...it was starting to get dark, and we needed to get our tents up. Dana helped me. My tent was brand new and had never been put up. I'm no good at putting things together. Well, we put my rain fly on backwards. It was sort of funny. The vestibule was in the back instead of the front. It was covering a small lake that was forming.

At about 4 a.m., it started storming like none other. The tent held up, so that was good. Needless to say, we did no climbing this weekend.

I came back to indy on Saturday. Went out Saturday night to some good ole southside bars. Ha. That's always a good time. I saw not one cute guy. NOT ONE! I was amazed. I did see about 6 people from my high school though...

Sunday, Colt's game...went to BWs...here's a conversation that was had with a BW's worker...

ME: I would like to order 6 naked tenders, and I would like to buy an extra sauce
BW: Well, you can only get one sauce.
ME: You mean, I can't buy another one? I thought with naked tenders you just dipped them
BW: Oh, so you want a sauce with them and then a sauce on the side?
ME: Well, if there is sauce already on the chicken tenders, then no...but I thought you just dipped.
BW: You do, but it only comes with one.
ME: Well, can I buy another one?
BW: I don't know let me go ask
*another worker comes up*
Me: So can I get extra sauce?
other BW: yes but you have to pay extra.
Me: ok, that's what I want to do. Oh! and I would like to get a piece of chocolate cake...because I'll get that before the chicken right?
BW: No, all the food you order will go to the back of the line.
Me: Oh, last year, the people up front went and got it since the cake is precut.
BW: Well, I can try to do that...
Me: Nevermind...

Wow...maybe you had to be there for that...but it was a crazy little conversation.

I was sort of amazed.

Colts won though...and that's super duper.

Today, I was grading some quizzes... one of the questions was this:

Are the statements x^2=25 and x=5 equivalent?
*the answer is no...because x^2=25 gives you an answer of x=5 or x=-5...

somebody put "kind of" as the answer on their quiz. It made me chuckle.

Right...I'm out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose I had a tutor session that asks the same dange question on if x=5, then x^2=25...but we were doing inverse, converse, contrapositives...and providing counterexamples...eww math fun makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Anonymous said...

I feel so smart that I could figure that math problem out.

Yes, the people who work at BW's are retards.....it is so hard to go pick up a piece of precut cake and put it on a plate.

What the heck is a deep fry party? Sounds like a lot of fair-like food to me and if that's what it is then I can't believe you're even thinking about missing it!!

Anonymous said...

so I am not the only one who has trouble putting together tents? No wonder it took so long that time we tried to put my tent together. :)