Friday, January 28, 2005

Belief-O-Matic


http://www.selectsmart.com/PRO/beliefnet/index1.html.

This is funny...funny...funny... you can take this test, and it will tell you what religion you mostly match up to. I am not sure mine works out for me. I think i would consider myself more of a mainline to liberal Christian, and a lot of people I have read about have been told they match up with the Quakers. Apparantly, I match up pretty closely with the Hindus. The kicker is that I most match up with the Catholics! Wow...imagine that. Some of you may say that the Catholic radio is getting to my head. I think that is kind of cool in a weird sort of way. Oh well, I am so anti-labels on religion that I dont really think it matters what I call myself. I just want to be a freakin' Christian! Nothing else...just a Christian. NO LABELS! Remember Ephesians 4:1-5? I posted on that earlier in a post called "How About Them Apples!" How about one faith??? How about living in unity as Christians?
Disclaimer: I don't think all of these religions are Christian based..so don't freak out that I think it doesn't matter at all what you belief. I do think that it is possible to be a Christian within some of these other religions...but we can talk about that later.

Here are my results:

1. Eastern Orthodox (100%)
2. Roman Catholic (100%)
3. Seventh Day Adventist (99%)
4. Hinduism (97%)
5. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (95%)
6. Orthodox Quaker (95%)
7. Orthodox Judaism (75%)
8. urch of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (69%)
9. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (66%)
10. Islam (65%)
11. Jehovah's Witness (63%)
12. Sikhism (61%)
13. Jainism (59%)
14. Liberal Quakers (53%)
15. Bahá'í Faith (51%)
16.Mahayana Buddhism (51%)
17.Theravada Buddhism (46%)
18.Unitarian Universalism (41%)
19.Reform Judaism (37%)
20.Neo-Pagan (29%)
21.Taoism (28%)
22. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (18%)
23.Nontheist (18%)
24.New Age (18%)
25. New Thought (17%)
26.Scientology (17%)
27. Secular Humanism (13%)

Word of the Day:
agape

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also Agape is the name of a christian rap artist: http://www.souljoyrecords.com/jcbands/agape.htm

I saw a youth performance last year and he led an adult discussion at my church the next day on the challenges of engaging postmodern youth in christian worship.

-thom

rose said...

I think I have heard of them before...

um... yeah... said...

i took this test once and i was an orthodox quaker. whatever that means! :P

rose said...

Most people I know who have taken that were Orthodox Quakers.

Anonymous said...

I was shocked by my top three:
unitarian universalism
theravada buddhism
mahayana buddhism

I had to look up unitarian uniiversalism, turns out they believe in pretty much everything. At nearly every point it says "varied beliefs" Pretty funny, take a click on it for a laugh, unless you are unitarian universalist, no offense...

Anonymous said...

Take a look.. http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?book_id=66&chapter=1&verse=27&version=31&context=verse

This is me... This is how I try to live my life.

CJW

rose said...

Here is the verse that Chris was saying he tries to live by:

James 1:27

27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I talk about this verse a lot. So what will you say when people ask you what religion are you? Probably the wrong term to use