Tuesday, January 11, 2005

my ramblings

I flew to Maryland today. It was my first time to fly, but everything went relatively smoothly. The only complaint I have is that my ears are killing me!!! Other than that, life is good. I am sitting in my hotel room and it is huge! I thought I would write a bit before I go to bed. I have a few things I need to say.

*First, I would like to post a sort of response to the guy who responded to my last post. For some reason, after reading my post about Christians wanting to convert Christians to their religion instead of worrying about what really matters, he replies to tell me about the Church of Latter Day Saints. I don't know much about that church..so I will not attack it, but if it is in fact a Christian Church, then why try to convert me to it? We are all Christians! I highly suggest reading the post again.

*Second, we are reading a book A New Kind of Christian in my small group. I had finished it, and decided to re-read it today. It is an awesome book and i highly reccomend it, I may say more about it later, actually I know I will. Maybe tomorrow...

*Third, it is official that Josh and Ty will be leaving us. I am so sad, and I am not sure what I am going to do about staying at New Whiteland or not. Again, maybe I will write more later.

*Last, I have decided to open up a new area of research in my life, and that is the Catholic church. I have wanted to learn more about it for a while because I have studied up on other religions but never the Catholic church which is so close to us. (I know that has to be a run-on but I dont care!) I few weeks ago, I decided to get serious about it, and then right after that, I met someone who knows a lot about the Catholic church (mainly because he is Catholic). Most Catholics I meet are not like this guy, and he has really caused me to do a lot of deep thinking. I really like that. I want to really get an understanding of my beliefs, and i think that widening my horizons is good.

Thats all!

3 comments:

... said...

What the heck is in Maryland? I realize I've been out of touch for a minute but you never mentioned that... and it's only been a minute. The religion thing... I'll say this, I look at it like the racial thing: I find it funny, like cute funny. I think it's hilarious that blacks stereotypically like rap music and make fun of white people. I think it's hilarious that catholics are known for their greed and, ugh, painfully boring ceremonies... I think it's hilarious that baptists are stupid strict, and kinda cool, they're like the marines or the navy seals of the religious community. And yes, I think that Latter Day Saints guy is a doosh. And I'm not just agreeing with you on that guy cause I think you're cool, we both know that's not true. J/k, hit me up yo.

um... yeah... said...

liked your post on "ANKOC". good stuff. i'm psyched you enjoyed the book!

to be honest, when we realized 6 months ago that it was possible that eventually josh or matt would be let go, you and brian were 2 of the first people to pop into our heads that it was going to kill us to leave. we love you guys!

Anonymous said...

JB - It is not, in point of fact, a Christian denomination. He was trying to convert you to something else.

JB