Thursday, January 27, 2005

Your pizzle is piffle

At my place of employment, my boss has implemented a "word of the day." We have new big dry erase board, and he puts a word up everyday. We have to look it up, and he would like us to use it in sentences all day. Sometimes the words are pretty funny. Like pizzle. Now pizzle could also mean a whip (as you would see if you clicked on the link to see the definition.) So if you say "I am going to whip you with my pizzle," it is pretty darn funny. Oh what a great job I have! What other place could I be enriching my vocabulary with words like pizzle! Piffle was another word of the day, and I think that using pizzle and piffle in a sentence together sounds cool. It may not make much sense, but it is still fun. Give me some sentences! We could make this vocab class.

A few other things:

I AM GOING TO THE PISTONS/PACERS GAME!!!!!!!! GO PACERS! Oh how I love Scot Pollard! Steve Jackson is back too, so now we almost have the whole fightin' crew. I severly dislike those pistons...especially Ben Wallace...BLAH!


Did Jesus like to dance??

Hmmm...not something I thought about a lot. A friend of mine had a post about how Jesus could have turned the water into wine. It was a great and well thought out explanation, but I am pretty sure that is not how Jesus did it. In my mind he just says..."Hey water! We need some more stuff to drink! Turn to wine!!!," and it was so. It still sounded good, and gives you a good visual. Here is a little piece of the post from Asher's blog :

So now all we need is a static discharge. Sleight of hand doesn't even come into play anymore, because as it was stated, everyone's drunk. Except probably Jesus, I don't think he did that sort of thing. But I'll bet he liked to dance. Something like the moonwalk could build up a static discharge to polarize or electrolyze the water, creating, if only for an instant, hydronium ions (acidic water molecules) and hydroxide ions (basic water molecules).

I would have liked to see Jesus do the moonwalk...that would be super sweet! Still Asher...I don't think your explanation holds up, and I definately don't think that it is beneficial to prove the Bible with science.

Lastly, I am going to implement a "word of the day" for the end of my posts. Usually, it will be the word my boss uses, but today I have no word of the day because I am not at work! I am going to use my own. This is one of my favorite words, but Jonathan wouldn't let me use it as a word of the day because he said it couldnt be used in a sentence over and over. I think it could! It is so fun to say!! So here it goes!

WORD OF THE DAY:
phosphofructokinase OH YEAH!

1 comment:

... said...

Phosphofructokinase? Thanks for making me smile, it's a good word. I'm actually studying pyruvate kinase for my molecular biotechnology course, and the lab next to me is studying G protein kinases. Enzymes rock!!!