Tuesday, January 25, 2005

fun websites

I must tell you that Larknews.com is an awesome site. What is it you ask? It is a satirical website aimed at being at being “a good source for Christian news.” The articles that can be found within are quite humorous. The site was actually developed by a man name Joel Kilpatrick. If you in fact did click on his name, you would have found that Joel is actually a Christian man. I think that is what makes this site even more awesome. I wouldn’t think he is being blasphemous. I think he is making a good point, and it is funny! Here are some examples of stories he has written in the past! I encourage you to look at this site! Thank you Tyanna for introducing me to it.

Unusual Looking Man in Choir Sparks Concern - This one is great especially because the guy in the picture has an awesome mullet, and who doesn’t love mullets!

Church Creates Section for Huggy, Touchy Couples – Only married people can sit in this section, right? ;)

College Offers Degree in Pastors Wiving – Finally, place to get your true M.R.S. degree...ha

Hell bound man enjoys Free Church offers – I just like the word hell bound…

There are many other great stories, like the first gay Bible, the cussing preacher, and so on. It is great!

On another note, there is also
Landoverbaptist.org. It is also a great site; however I would say it goes a little over the top most of the time. It does have a store filled with amazing stuff. That makes me laugh, so I highly recommend checking that out. You can get shirts with slightly grotesque Bible verses on them and such the like. But here is just one example of a story you can find, and just from that, you can see the content is quite different, and could be considered offensive by some. I still love it, and thanks again Tyanna!

Pastor Exposes Perverted Cartoon Character: Sponge Bob Square Pants – look at the bottom of the page too; who wouldn’t what a What Would Jesus Do thong?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know the minister, but who is to say that he had wrong things on his mind. He might be just trying to cover this all up. Yes I agree with some of our cartoons are way out of line but come on. If you did this to every cartoon and tv show out there I would never turn it on. Oops I don't do that now except to watch Monster Garage and OCC.. Chris Wolfe